Summertime treasures ~ more time with family and friends. If guests are gathering in your home, make sure their rooms are just as special as they are.
Here are tips for creating a haven that is just as luxe as an exclusive getaway:
- Strip the bedding to let the mattress and pillows breathe. Launder your winter sheets and pillowcases with linen wash. If you have time, also iron them.
- Dress the bed with neutral-colored sheets. Top with a blanket pulled taut and tucked in.
- Add warmth with a divine duvet. Fold it in half and lay it at the foot of the bed.
- Pile on shams and push pillows.
- Finishing touches - consider your guest's personal interest. Bibliophiles need a bedside table with interest piquing books. For the history buff, provide vintage dominoes reminiscent of their favorite era.
While you are in your linen closet, keep linens fresh all year round by adding linen water, lavender sachets and summer verbena.
It's true when they say it's the thought that counts.