Summertime treasures ~ more time with family and friends. If guests are gathering in your home, make sure their rooms are just as special as they are.
Here are tips for creating a haven that is just as luxe as an exclusive getaway:
- Strip the bedding to let the mattress and pillows breathe. Launder your winter sheets and pillowcases with linen wash. If you have time, also iron them.
- Dress the bed with neutral-colored sheets. Top with a blanket pulled taut and tucked in.
- Add warmth with a divine duvet. Fold it in half and lay it at the foot of the bed.
- Pile on shams and push pillows.
- Finishing touches - consider your guest's personal interest. Bibliophiles need a bedside table with interest piquing books. For the history buff, provide vintage dominoes reminiscent of their favorite era.
It's true when they say it's the thought that counts.