Ultimate Towel Buying Guide:
What Towel Material is the Best?
Everyone has a different opinion of the best towel material…and they are all right! When selecting new towels, you should base your choice of fabric by how soft, absorbent, and durable it is. Here are some of the most popular materials for towels and the benefits of each.
- Turkish Cotton – This premium cotton features an extra-long staple and is grown exclusively in the country of Turkey. Towels made from Turkish cotton offer a soft yet absorbent towel that is as wonderfully cozy as it is durable.
- Pima Cotton - Considered the world’s best cotton, Pima cotton is grown in the southwestern U.S, and is known for its rich, extra-long fibers that offer strength and absorbency. Ultra-luxurious towels with an indulgent feel is what to expect from a Pima cotton towel collection.
- Bamboo – Bamboo towels are typically made from a rayon and cotton blend. These natural and eco-friendly towels are super soft and have great anti-bacterial qualities.
- Organic Cotton – Towels that are made to meet the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) are certified to be made from organic cotton that is grown without the use of toxic pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers.
- Egyptian Cotton – Coveted for its extra-long and fibrous threads, Egyptian cotton is perfect for creating towels, due to its highly absorbent yet breathable and durable features. Egyptian cotton towels are luxurious, fluffy towels that everyone will love.