After a long day, there’s nothing better than climbing into a bed made with the finest luxury sheets and bedding. If you’re looking to improve your sleep though, you want to make sure your bedroom is cool and comfortable.
Sleep experts agree that a cool room will give you the best night’s sleep. But not only does sleeping in a cooler environment provide a more restful sleep, it also releases melatonin, which aids in the sleep cycle and has anti-aging properties that keep us younger looking, too!
If good sleep and a youthful appearance isn’t enough incentive to lower the thermostat, science tells us that the optimal temperature for sleeping is between 60 and 67 degrees Fahrenheit. Our body temperature rises and falls over a 24-hour period, with the best quality sleep beginning once our body temperature starts to drop.
Tips to Keep Your Bedroom Cool at Night for the Perfect Sleeping Conditions
Luckily, there are many ways to keep your bedroom cool so that you wake up rested and refreshed. If you find yourself awake in the middle of the night, tossing and turning instead of sleeping; especially during the summer months, here are a few tips so you can get better sleep.
- Keep the Heat Out – Closing windows, blinds, and curtains during the day, is a great way to reduce the temperature of your home and keep your bedroom cool enough to sleep well.
- Cool Down Before Bed – Taking a temperate shower before bedtime will help you cool down for a comfortable night’s sleep. Not only does it reduce your body temperature, but it also relaxes and refreshes you, making sleep come easier.
- Choose the Right Sheets – All sheets are not created equal and that is especially true when it comes to keeping cool. Investing in luxury linen or percale cotton sheets means better quality fabric that is breathable and will effortlessly keep you cool.
- Cotton Pajamas, Please – The best summer pajamas are those that fit loosely and are made from a naturally cooling material like 100% cotton. Sleeping in cotton is actually even cooler than sleeping in the buff, where sweat lingers on your body versus being absorbed by the naturally wicking material of cotton.
- Stay Hydrated – The key to staying cool while sleeping is to be sure to stay hydrated during the day. It’s also a good idea to avoid alcohol or coffee near bedtime and to keep a bottle of water bedside to drink throughout the night. Just be careful not to indulge too much, or your sleep will be interrupted by midnight bathroom breaks.
Choosing the Best Bedding to Keep You Cool
Ultimately, selecting the finest quality sheets will help make sure you sleep your best. Do not underestimate how much the sheets you choose can affect how warm or cool you are and how well you sleep at night – they really do make all the difference!
The Sleep Foundation recommends choosing sheets that feel cool to the touch, that are breathable and wick away sweat and moisture so that you stay comfortable, dry and cool all through the night.
The Best Sheets to Stay Cool While Sleeping
The use of high-quality sheets can help you maintain a more comfortable temperature and therefore sleep soundly. The best choice for sheets that cool naturally, are made from soft and breathable fabrics.
Best Cooling Sheets
- Percale Sheets - Luxury percale sheets from Peacock Alley are made from extra long staple cotton and offer the ultimate in breathability. Percale is known for its plain weave with a crisp, matte finish that is cool and dry to the touch while smooth and lightweight on the skin.
- Linen Sheets – A popular choice for those in warmer climates, linen sheets have superior wicking properties that pull moisture away from your body and allow for proper air circulation to naturally keep you cooler.
Peacock Alley’s Luxury Sheets Will Keep You Cool at Night
When it comes to finding the perfect sheets to help you stay cool while sleeping, Peacock Alley’s collection of sheets made from the finest materials is an easy choice. Designed to give you the most comfortable night’s sleep possible, our fine cotton and luxury linen sheets are highly recommended by luxury bedding experts and those in the know.