Make the most out of your time in bed. The right sheets can freshen up the look of your bedroom and help you sleep better.
What to look for:
- Cotton is by far the most popular, and we prefer Egyptian cotton from Italy or Portugal of course.
- Bamboo, environmentally friendly, is a soft, breathable fiber made from renewable bamboo grass.
- Percale (think hot summer nights) is a closely woven plain weave resulting in a wonderful feel.
- Sateen (perfect for cold winter nights) is made with more yarn on the surface and has a more lustrous hand.
- Flannel is a brushed cotton with a napped finish and a cozy, fuzzy feel.
- There is also silk, satin and linen weaves.
- Thread count. Generally, the higher the thread count, the softer the sheet; however thread count is one indicator of the softness. Thread count is determined by the number of threads lengthwise (called the warp) and widthwise (called the weft) in a 1-inch square of fabric. Our sheets range from 200 - 600 tread count.
- Size and fit. Sheets come in twin, extra-long twin, full, queen, king and California king sizes. With new construction methods, i.e. pillowtops, Eurotops, etc., mattresses are getting deeper. Measure your mattress depth and check package labels. It is important that a sheet provides a smooth surface, a nice, neat appearance.
Updating your sheets this summer? Check out these sheet sets that are available through July at very affordable prices.